Friday, September 29, 2017

Ilocos Tour: Vigan

Exploring Ilocos is one of my bucket list because I've always wanted to see the gorgeous Calle Crisologo in Vigan.




 We booked our Ilocos tour in a travel agency together with my husband and officemates. Our pick-up point was in SM MOA and we travelled on a night trip enduring 12 hours journey inside the van. Our tour lasted for 3 days. We arrived in Ilocos around 7:00 a.m. and we already started to hopped in each places straightaway.

Our first stop was at Banaoang Bridge at Bantay, Ilocos Sur. It is also known as Quirino Bridge as being named to the former President, Elpidio Quirino.



My husband and I didn't go inside the Bantay Bell Tower because we decided to take our breakfast instead and we were so gratified to have ate for the first time their renowed pansit batil patung, canton noodles with ground beef and bean sprouts topped with chicharon and fried egg. I always love pansit canton but this type is a lot more delish. How I wish Ilocos is just a 30 minutes away so I can order for this pansit everytime I crave. Haha!

Pansit Batil Patung


Under the scorching heat of the sun, we roamed around Baluarte Zoo owned by Chavit Singson.


Next, we went to the Hidden Garden, they also have restaurant and sell plants & pots.


And here comes the moment I've been longing for, to ramble amdist the street of Calle Crisologo. I felt like I was transported in a bygone era. Calle Crisologo or Mena Crisologo street is named after Mena Pecson Crisologo who is among the most respected sons of Ilocos.
The ground floor of the old Spanish style houses turned into various shops now where you can buy Ilocos delicacies and best products for pasalubong such as antique souvenirs, longganisa, chicharon, sweets, wine, woven products, etc.
You can also experience calesa ride if you don't like to do walking. The attractive view of the street is best seen at night with the lights on but it happened that we came here during lunch time and no big deal because what matters for me is that I get a chance to explore and took a photo in here.



We just had a peek of Paoay Church or Saint Augustine Church which had been famous for its distinct architecture and declared as National Cultural Treasure in 1973 and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.



Our last itinerary for the day was at Paoay Sand Dunes. We didn't perform any thrilling rides here, we just had chillax time and watched those who hired the 4x4 vehicle activity.



After a long day, we headed to our hotel for check-in. There are so much to see in Ilocos particularly in Pagudpud and Laoag- on my next post.


8 comments:

  1. I'm such a sucker for old cities so reading through this was quite a treat! I wish I could go visit Vigan too.

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! Glad you like it. There are many affordable Ilocos tour by travel agencies, looking forward to read your Vigan experience on your blog.

      Delete
  2. It's so nice, Philippines is indeed a very interesting place to explore. Can't wait to be home and visit Vigan ^^. Thanks for sharing

    http://itsbeyondimaginations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Ann! Indeed, it's more fun in the Philippines. ;) And oh btw, I've toured just last month in Thailand and it's another beautiful country. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. Philippines is so beautiful, the weather is perfect all year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Philippines is so blessed with the wonders of nature. Thanks Richard for reading!

      Delete
  4. nice travel ,Philippines is indeed a very interesting place to explore
    Sakit.info

    ReplyDelete