Sunday, March 17, 2019

D-I-Y Newborn Photoshoot


Having my little one dressed-up and photographed in a beautiful set-up was on top of my list. However, upon inquiring from suppliers, the newborn photoshoot price starts from P12,000 for the lifestyle type which means the shoot will be done at your own home that is more convenient for the mother and the baby whilst Studio Type which is cheaper ranges from P2,000 to P5,000.


Since I was saving for my delivery and preparing baby stuffs, prices for this is not practical at this time. Then when I gave birth, I was also very busy nurturing my newborn at the same time recovering from my ceasarean operation that I couldn't afford to travel and bring my baby to the studio for a session since most I have searched studios are far from my place.

Well, me being fond of d-i-y, putting my heart into it, have decided to just conduct the photoshoot by my own and utilize what I have in order to save more. I ordered online 3 sets of tutu skirt with a pair of headband ( I used the other one for baptismal invitation) and I bought a round shaped rug at SM store then I used what was available in our house. I don't even have dslr camera, I just used my android phone and edited the pictures. I've also read some tips for a better photography using camera phone and about d-i-y newborn photography.

My daughter was 3 weeks old when I took her photos. She was asleep but she woke up when she was dressed. Here, I placed my nursing pillow in the bed and cover it with the rug. The best tip is to get a natural light coming from a window.




I took this one another day. I've read also that if you're doing it on your own and want a different set-up, it's best to schedule it some other day because it sometimes take hours for just one set-up and you are relying on the mood of the baby who needs to be fed and rest. And yes, it was difficult to compress all shots in one day.
 I dettached the flowers from one of our flower vase to make it a flower wreath. I find it hard to look for one and when I've canvassed it was expensive.
I lay again the tulle that was also used here.
At first, Jelise was sleeping but after few shots she was awakened and did not come back to sleep.



It wasn't all smooth and easy, she was moving then cried a bit and in the good mood again. It was a bit tiring. I wish I could have more better pose but don't get me wrong, I am happy with the output. I may not have much quality photos but I have the best memories I need.

1 comment: