Tuesday, March 12, 2019

On Motherhood: How did I get pregnant?


"The pain you've been feeling cannot compare to the joy that is coming." -Romans 8:18

Wanting, longing and waiting sometimes hurt because you are uncertain as to how long you'll have to wait for something you really dreamt of having. For more than 2 years this has been me-longing, waiting, hoping and praying to have a child. I admit there were times I was a bit envious when I heard good news that someone dear to me got pregnant. Sometimes asking myself when will be my turn.

My husband and I is in LDR or long distance relationship due to his work so it had not been easy for us because we didn't have all the time to be together. Expectations from people around us also added to pressure. But we didn't loose hope, afterall, it was just 2 years in the making. Everyday I, we, prayed. I refused to undergo any check-up perhaps because I was scared. I really don't like the thought of going to the hospital or clinic and I held on to my belief that it is God who will give us the desire of our hearts for every child comes from Him so I never ceased believing. When my husband is home, every month we expect but we turned out disappointed and then he'll leave for work again.

Until  on our 2nd year of being married, I finally decided to resign from work in order to rest and become easy, stress-free so when my husband is in vacation, I am too. While waiting for him for a couple of months I made effort to exercise regularly and somehow loose wait and just get relax to be in good condition. Then, everything fell into place, giving up my work and become a housewife was all worth it.

My husband came home last week of August 2017. We went to Thailand for a short vacation in celebration of His birthday. We expected again on that month but again it wasn't meant yet. Until the next month October, my birth month, I prayed that the best birthday gift I can ever receive is to get pregnant. It was November when I confirmed that finally the long wait is over and yes, I got preggo.

So, how did I get pregnant?
It is only because of faith and unceasing prayer.

God is faithful. They say, "God's timing is always perfect, never early nor late".

As per my ob, they only taught to patients what to do to conceive but still it is only God who can give a child.

"To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heavens." -Ecc. 3:1

All in God's perfect time. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment