Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Sometimes it's good to walk away




"Life is what we make it" as the famous adage says. Indeed, Life is a matter of choice. We are where we are today because of the choices we have made.



Well, there comes a point that I just want to change my every day life at work. I just felt that the enthusiasm to work is no longer there, that what supposed to be a joyful work week becomes monotonous. My interest and eagerness turned into lethargy. That I find it hard to wake up in bed every Monday morning thinking that I need to go to office again. That I'm just waiting for weekend to arrive knowing I'll get relief. That the thought of weekend only makes me joyful. That suddenly I want that to change, I want how things are going to change.

I can say that I'm in niche with regards to my career but I want it better off. I no longer want to settle for something just because it's okay. I don't know if I'm just over stressed or burnt out that I'm feeling this way. Maybe because a dream that was planted in my heart is screaming where in I need to water it now to make it grow. Maybe I finally find the urge to live my dream that has been concealed for a very long time. I want to pursue having my own business, get pregnant, build and nurture a family of my own- these will be my fulfillment and not the position I'm holding.

So, after doubtful moments and careful thinking I finally had the courage to decide and say goodbye to what has been my second home everyday. The decision I've made is a life changing but now I can chase the things that I know will really make me happy. Prayers that I know will soon be answered, dreams that someday will be fulfilled.

I think the most important when you ditch is to take full responsibility of the decision you have made, not to dwell on regrets if some things didn't go the way you want it to be but to learn from everything and always be brave enough to take on another step and move ahead.

Sometimes it's just good to leave when you think you've had enough where you have done your part, put much of a hard work, exerted efforts yet remain unnoticed and unappreciated.


Sometimes it's good to just walk away when you're no longer happy in order to find the better things that your heart truly desires.

And sometimes it's just good to turn your back at something and face the new path to be able to walk forward and reach another destination of your life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Ma'am Travel is real ka pla hehe :) hope Ako din someday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I get to enjoy travelling most especially w/ loved ones. Yes, you can. Start ka lang once a year, kahit sa malapit lang muna. Less than 1k makakapasyal ka na :)

      Delete