Sunday, April 14, 2019

How I found the one?


"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -Helen Keller



Since we'll be celebrating our 4th year wedding anniversary next week I want to share how I met the one God has destined for me. I had been holding on to the past and it was only when I find the courage to fully let go and finally move forward that I was able to see and embrace what God has in-store for me.  I'd let go and surrendered everything to God. For few years of being single, I prayed unceasingly that God will send the "right one" for me stating the specific characteristics that I want.

It was last 2012 when my former highschool classmate and I crossed paths again thru facebook chat. See what wonders of technology can do. We chatted but I was extremely hesitant when he was asking for my contact number. I was actually about to block him on facebook but out of nowhere it suddenly crossed my mind that "what if he is the one for me?" So I entertained that thought. I continued to communicate with him and gave my cellphone number until we met personally and He started visiting me in our house until we officially became a couple. Just like any other couple, we used to argue, fight and at times almost wanted to broke up but everytime it happens I entrust everything to God knowing that if He is really "the one" it will meant to last. In the end, we always worked things out.

We are in LDR (long distance relationship) due to His work. He'll be on board for 9 months or more and goes back home. Soon I will share how ours work. After almost 3 years of being together we planned to marry. You can see some of our wedding photos here


Who would have known that around 12 years after graduation in highschool we'll meet again. We were never friends before. We were just classmates, nothing more, nothing less. God really works in mysterious ways, it's always so surprising.

So if you are struggling right now to move on just surrender everything to God. It might be so hard, it may take a lot of time, I know the process but one day you'll get there. Pray that God will give you the courage to step forward and never look back. And when you're ready, God will surprise you.

As per the priest who officiated my cousin's wedding said:
"There are soulmates. Soulmates are God's gift to one another. So wherever the soulmates are, eventhough they are coming from far places, they will meet because it is God who will make sure that they will meet."



No comments:

Post a Comment