Friday, May 17, 2019

My Pregnancy Journey


This post is kinda late but as it is quoted: It's better late than never." I wanted to share how my 9 months of being preggo was like. Maybe we had the same experience too.


It was October 2017, my birthday month, my wish and constant prayer was to get pregnant. That month had passed and came November that I was experiencing menstrual cramps but didn't had any period. I first notice of my extreme thirst always then in the middle of the night I felt hungry and tempted to eat oftentimes. I was delayed for a week and my friend advised me to take pregnancy test (pt) on 10th or 11th day so did I. It was around 5:00 a.m.  when I woke up to pee and took the pt. We thought it was negative because the second line didn't appear clearly. We were disappointed but my husband consulted some of his friends and said it was already positive that it is natural if the line is unclear. My husband bought only 1 pt and I  couldn't repeat the test. So that day we went to an OB for check-up. She said that it is early to take a test that's why the line wasn't dark but it is positive. Thank God!

I was blessed that my daughter didn't cause me complicated pregnancy. On my first trimester, I never vomit but there were times I felt nauseous. I'm a sweettooth but at that time I wasn't a fan of sweets. I was having stomachache as per my OB it was because of the vitamins I take and it was natural.

On my second trimester, when the season began to get hot and I attended the mass alone, I faint. I knew I was going to pass out so I pray and walked out the church and thank God I managed to went home. Starting that incident, I was always accompanied by my aunt wherever I go. My husband was in abroad already at that time and He and my friend advised to never go out of the house alone because it also happened to them to get dizzy. On my 5th month, due to hot season I have experienced vomitting. I got dizzy at times then vomit. I guess I had that kind about 6 times. Yes, it's true that when you are pregnant, you feel 3x hotter. In addition, my cravings for sweets came back.
I ate halo-halo most of the time to get a chill. I didn't get sick. I only had cough & colds for 3 days during December since all of my family members got sick and I was healed by taking lemon & cucumber infused water.

On my 6th month, my labtest result in my glucose was over 1 point of the normal range. There I was referred to an Endocrinologist and dietitican for I have Gestational Diabetes but of course, I didn't claim it. I also had UTI on my test that's why I got cramps & it hurts to pee but I wasn't aware of that until I got my labtest result. For UTI, I took medicine given by my OB and a cup of cranberry juice everyday. Thank God after 1 wk , I had another urine test and it was all cleared. My struggle only came with managing Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM). On my first week I was only allowed to eat 1/2 cup of rice and not allowed of sweets except for fruits. I'm not used to eating small amount now that I'm eating for 2, my stomach aches because I'm still hungry yet my food were portioned as recommended by my dietician plus I have to do sugar blood test after every meal and have it recorded. I have to go back to my Endo as scheduled for monitoring of my sugar and follow-up check-up which is an additional cost. I was increased to 3/4 cup of rice per meal from the 1/2 cup and still it wasn't enough but I have no choice but to follow. It was really difficult for I was still hungry but couldn't eat more. I was craving for some food especially sweets but I just couldn't eat. I have to follow my diet in order to gain normal blood sugar. I made a covenant to God to help me keep my blood sugar normal and I won't eat sweet. I can't imagine I can do it in my life for I'm really a sweet tooth and with God's help and self-discipline I never had to inject insulin.


On my third trimester, the same continue. I got used to eat based on my diet. Sometimes thinking what to eat wasn't easy more if I'm in the mall. Nevertheless, everything got smooth. One day after my 39th week, at 1:30 a.m. I woke up to pee and I felt that something wet is going out within me. I didn't mind and tried to sleep but I couldn't sleep well. From time to time I was awakened because I felt wet. I stand up and felt that my bedsheet was so wet. After I pee, I called my OB and informed that I'm going to the hospital. As per advised, if I'll feel extremely wet not just seem like a white mens, I should rush to the hospital. My water bag has leaked but upon checking my cervix is still close so I was induced. To make it short, I gave birth via ceasarean delivery. Another answered prayer because I don't want to experience the pain of labor. I didn't had any contractions. I can't also imagine mysef pushing so I actually didn't experience the hardship of giving birth, only the after operation recovery. I  gave birth smoothly. Another miracle, Praise God! With God's help & everyday prayer, my daughter and I were able to make it through our nine months journey.

How about your birthing story? I'd like to hear from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment